The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Help needed - Bluetooth DRO project

<< < (2/2)

vtsteam:
Hi Andrew, thanks. I actually anticipated that problem, being my first attempt with this type of board, and checked each cut with an ohmeter before I populated anything.

But I can also say SOLVED, woohoo!  :ddb:

Yuriy pointed out that with the older "Igaging" style scale I was using (Digimag type) the scale expected a clock signal from the remote reader. So an additional wire was needed to the scale's clock line from P1.7 on the TI board. Unfortunately this wasn't shown on the website. But it definitely cured the problem with this scale! So I'm happy.

Well, I'll be even happier if I can debug using some old calipers as scales with this unit as well. But for now the biggest problem has been solved.

awemawson:
Excellent - glad you found the issue  :thumbup:

I still have a Veroboard 'stripboard cutter' somewhere which essentially is a coarse fluted drill moulded into a blue plastic handle

seadog:
Me too, and I think I could find it with a few minutes' notice.

Will_D:
Me too have a stripboard cutter from Vero!!

vtsteam:
I still have a wire wrapping tool anfd  roll of Kynar wire but didn't know about strip board tools.

A lot less messy than wire wrap. And a lot easier to troubleshoot.

Of course, re troubleshooting, I have tried two different calipers with this DRO project, and still no joy there.

I hope the problem isn't another undocumented wiring requirement  :coffee:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version