The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

New Cylinder and Piston for TS350 Petrol Saw

<< < (2/4) > >>

awemawson:
It was pretty tricky getting the throttle and choke linkages to line up when the top cover was re-fitted but I got there in the end !

John Rudd:
Hmmm...thought you might have had it finished, used and put away for next time, by now.... :coffee: :lol: :lol:

Ha, you were typing/posting as I wrote....

Nice job Andrew, I like this kinda job, where you identify whats needed, it duly arrives, and re-assembly begins and is completed with a successful out come......
For me, 9/10 times there's always a complication.... :doh: something else breaks, is lost or wrong part...

awemawson:
So what was the result?

Well the compression is now very much improved as you would expect.

It starts much more easily

BUT it won't tick over and needs choke all the time  :bang:

I've set and tweaked the low running and high speed jets but I suspect carburettor diaphragm problems

So it looks like a carb re-build after all. Carb kit ordered - in fact I've ordered two as I may as well do the other saw while I'm at it - the kits are only £3.90 ! 

appletree:
Another thing to watch out for ,is the in tank fuel pick up its like a clunck fuel pick up as used in model aircraft. The tube is a specially moulded affair which is made of a very flexible neoprene/silicone type rubber over time and allow air to seep in.
Did you fit a new carb gasket/s these have port holes which connect the crankcase to the pumper carburettor. Lastly are the carb spindles badly worn, they often are on disc cutters because of the "grinding compound"

Phil

hermetic:
looks like virtually the same engine as on my venerable Stihl chainsaw, completely agree with you on the circlips, those bends are far too tight, and you can imagine the mess if one of those broke off!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version