The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

The Sequel - Oh Blimey I bought a CNC Lathe (Beaver TC 20)

<< < (2/250) > >>

awemawson:
Well today is officially a GOOD DAY  :thumbup:

The touch probe seller has been in touch (no pun intended!) and confirmed that it was off a TC-20 lathe, and not only that he still has manuals for the Sinumerik controller - so how good is that  :clap:

. . . . negotiations are in progress . . . .  :ddb:

awemawson:
Do you believe in co-incidences ?

Turns out that the probe I've found is coming from Gosport - now the lathe was originally at Portsmouth University 13 miles away by road, but by Gosport ferry across  Portsmouth Harbour probably less than a mile  :bugeye:

Now from my research Beaver were making about 45 TC-20 per year from 1987 to 1992 - or approximately 225 as a total world population - surely there has to be a very high chance that this is the original probe.

. . . how cool would that be . . . suitable question fired off to probe seller regarding his affinity to the Engineering Dept at Portsmouth University  :ddb: :ddb:

Brass_Machine:
So Andrew....

Nice find! But, are you gearing up to run a production line?

Eric

awemawson:
Eric,

As you know well, it's the journey that I enjoy rather than the end result   :clap:

I just love taking some neglected unloved bit of machinery and putting it right, if only some young slip of a gal  would do the same with me  and put  a smile on my face :lol:

Brass_Machine:
Awesome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version