The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

The Sequel - Oh Blimey I bought a CNC Lathe (Beaver TC 20)

<< < (3/250) > >>

awemawson:
I knew it was too much of a co-incidence. The chap flogging the Renishaw Probe used to operate this machine at Portsmouth University :clap: :clap:

Not only that - he still has manuals and training materials - negotiations ongoing . . . .

Pete.:
Man that's what I call fall over in Doris' sty and coming up smelling of roses :D

hermetic:
Have we done the Balding Beaver joke yet Andrew?

awemawson:
Just come off the phone from a long chat with the Renishaw Probe seller - he still works at the Uni . . . .

. . . . the manuals are mine and being posted tomorrow. He was last machining PTFE on it, and that was 2010 - the swarf from it is still in the machine  :clap:

awemawson:
Still not managed to get the machine transported - seller hasn't mended his forklift yet, and no one can tell me what the machine weighs  :bang:

BUT - the probe has arrived along with the bundle of software manuals, as has a second hand 'Peli Case' that I bought to house it. The tip of the probe would originally have had a protective cover, which has gone missing so I 3D printed one this morning, and at the moment the Cetus 3D printer is making me a cap to protect the electrical connector, but that has another three hours to run.

. . . just need the 'pick and pluck' foam block that I have on order for the Peli case and it will be safe.

. . . oh and the lathe would be quite handy too  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version