The Shop > Wood & Stuff

Upgrading My Dust Extraction

<< < (2/3) > >>

efrench:
Would two 87.5 degree Ts cut in half and welded together give you better flow?

Will_D:

--- Quote from: awemawson on May 09, 2018, 09:53:41 AM ---Meanwhile I'm trying to source some 'Quick Release' hose clips in 80 mm and 125 mm. Axminster carry them in 100 mm - I have some, but no one seems to have the 80 or 125 mm sizes UNLESS YOU CAN TELL ME DIFFERENTLY ?????

--- End quote ---
Could you take some 1/8 or so stainless rod and wind two turns round a suitably sized mandrel.

Bend the ends 90 degrees fit two bits of plastic rod as handles.

Will

awemawson:
Efrench - I'd considered that but the join would be very weak

Will, yes I was cogitating schemes, but you know, life is just too short to make everything !

Today the 87.5 degree bends arrived so having collected the dismantled lambs from the butcher I was able to get on putting up the new ducting. What a pain single handed  :bugeye:

I tried assembling as much as possible at ground level then projecting the assembly up into the gods - the inevitable happened (several times  :bang: ) and joints came apart, but persistence paid off and it is in place now.

OK nothing yet connected to it - it's been a long day with much happening so I was glad at least to get the basic ducting in place

Now for a bit of  :beer:

awemawson:
The Cetus 3D printer has been going flat out today printing adaptors from 110 mm soil pipe to 125 mm flexible hose - only 5 hours each  :bugeye:

Meanwhile I gave the paddock it's first cut of the season with the big flail mower, mainly to control rush growth - 3" staple so still lots for the sheep to eat

awemawson:
I left the Cetus 3D printer churning out another adaptor last night while I went out with friends for a meal, and like a loyal servant it had finished when I got back. This let me get on with connecting up the new duct to the extractor.

As far as the aerial duct is concerned all that is now connected is the main source of suck, via that 90 Tee that I made, and one connection to the thicknesser. All other ports are temporarily blanked off.

However I finalised the shape of the Christmas Tree that serves things local to the extractor, namely the Rip Saw, the high volume vacuum cleaner and the floor mounted brush in dust collector.

I need to sort out somewhere to park the adaptor box for the Thickesser, as it has to be removed to use the Planer, probably a shelf hence the hose is currently left long.

Similarly I need to fabricate hooks to hang the hose of the high volume vacuum cleaner to keep it out of the way.

. . . but it's getting there slowly . . still need to run pipe to the wood lathe, the big chain mortiser, and a port behind the bench for clean up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version