Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

CNC Tool and Cutter Grinder

<< < (2/3) > >>

vtsteam:

--- Quote from: awemawson on May 02, 2018, 06:43:08 PM ---I agree - easier and cheaper to buy an endmill but that isn't the point...
--- End quote ---

:beer:

MetalMagus:
Hello,
Centroid do an 4 axis controller for around $1500 that is upgradeable to 8 axis. So maybe double the original price. But, the dreaded import tax will take that price up.

http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy/oak_cnc_controller.html

I suppose buying one or not will depend on budgets and the reality of cost versus requirements.

But, that controller does seem to have all the bells and whistles.

Cheers

Sean

vtsteam:
You could do it with 3 stepper axes .... or even two, and an adjustment for depth of cut on the wheel. Controllers are like $20 on Ebay.

:proj:

sparky961:
I've been playing with an ANCA TG4, circa 1991 or so, for the past couple of months.  It has 4 controllable axes: A for rotation, X is left/right, Y is near/far, and Z is up/down.  Grinding spindle is mounted on Y-Z and has a manual rotation angle about the Z axis.  A axis is mounted on X.

All together it makes for some interesting motion possibilities.  I have electronic copies of the manuals if they'd be of any help to you.

PekkaNF:

--- Quote from: sparky961 on May 09, 2018, 10:29:59 PM ---I've been playing with an ANCA TG4, circa 1991 or so, for the past couple of months.  It has 4 controllable axes: A for rotation, X is left/right, Y is near/far, and Z is up/down.  Grinding spindle is mounted on Y-Z and has a manual rotation angle about the Z axis.  A axis is mounted on X.

All together it makes for some interesting motion possibilities.  I have electronic copies of the manuals if they'd be of any help to you.

--- End quote ---

Trying to get my head about the axis...Is it like this, but grinding spindle is doing Y?

This looks pretty compact, and workpiece is easy to reach, but cartesians are all stacked:

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version