Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

let ther be light

<< < (2/6) > >>

krv3000:
hi all did a bit more tonight made a bracket up to hold a red lens that points back and finish the fix on the bottom and tined the water container at the bottom and the cap that seals it off   right pics

krv3000:
lol did not post pics of the bottom before fix        :doh:        right  pics

krv3000:
ok all its Neely finish I resolderd  the bottom of the water tank back on and the burner tube then I made a plate out of brass to go on the bottom just to sit inside the space where the burner tube sits don't no if tis is right but looking at watt holds the felt filter I think there shod be something like that there any way fitted the filter then filled the tank with soapy water  then cheeked for  leeks there was non and cheeked the valve to see that it let the water run out all ok I made a rubber seal for the bottom tank that holds the carbide and yep it works pics   

krv3000:
right I made the attachment for the water tank filler out of a safety proxsimatrey switch with is m12x1 pitch then made the cap  and with a ball Bering and sum thin brass sheet I made the dome top its not finish yet it needs a hole in it and sum chain so you don't loos it when filling up I got mick to by me a new lenses that was on the net I had grate trouble in fit  originally the lenses was held in by steel wire say 1mm thick well rather than steel I opted for brass well sods law no 1mm brass rod so I shaved dawn sum 1.5 to 1 took me ages any way fitted that so the gobs left to do is getting less  right pics       

krv3000:
lol yet more the red light I got sum red glass of mick it was the right with but a bit to long anyway cut it off then with diamond files rounded the bottom of so it fits right as I don't have nothing to go on I don't no haw the lenses is held in so on mine I have sum hi temp epoxy that will have to do originally the deflector is riveted on well as the one I have made is not the right one im growing to youse sum stanles steel screws discysed as rivets  the same goes for the light deflector I managed to fit the mounting brackets but one of the springs broke so as per non the exact same so had to make one out of watt I had at hand   right pics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version