The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Ward indexer - Pololu DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver

<< < (2/3) > >>

philf:

--- Quote from: PekkaNF on February 12, 2018, 03:47:48 AM ---That looks pretty nice.

The gear I have is 1:50 harmonic drive. It has a coupling for 8 mm shaft, therefore I'm very much inclined to buy a stepper motor with 8 mm shaft and then stepper motor drive to suit..............

Pekka

--- End quote ---

Pekka,

I'm jealous of your 1:50 Harmonic Drive. My 4th axis uses a 1:200 Drive so, however fast I try to drive the stepper, it moves very slowly. With 1/8 microstepping it does give me 0.001125 degree resolution!

Phil.

chipenter:
Made the worm and wheel , it's only ER16 collet chuck driven by Pllolu shield and Arduino .

PekkaNF:
Those brass gears are pretty!

There is a small difference on fouth axis and indexer. Speed is a secondary consideration to me.

I am torn between ER32 collet for the stepper (need to build the whole taper part) and small three jaw chuck. I need to consider that tightening of the ER32 collet to nominal torque might be more than that harmonic drive is designed, on the other hand, ER collet would most likely produce goog enough centering for most of the time.

I am inclined to use full step mode (200 steps per revolution) together with 1:50 gear. That should do most of the time.

Pekka

chipenter:
On a small stepper motor less than full step dropes a lot of the power , and droped steps are still counted giving some strange resultes . 

PekkaNF:

--- Quote from: chipenter on February 12, 2018, 04:11:30 AM ---Made the worm and wheel , it's only ER16 collet chuck driven by Pllolu shield and Arduino .

--- End quote ---

Can you elaborate bit more arduino/program and that Pololu hardware?

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version