The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Rebirth of a Denford MIRAC CNC Lathe

<< < (30/31) > >>

awemawson:
Thanks for the kind words chaps :thumbup:

Not sure of it's future. The 25 mm spindle bore makes it a bit limiting for some things so I suppose if something a bit more meaty turns up I'll pass it on, but at the moment, as it can easily be pushed into a corner when not in use I'll hang on to to, (unless someone offers silly money for it - unlikely as I'm not advertising it!)

It's been an interesting exercise and has convinced me that I need to investigate setting up to spray 2K paints - waiting for coach paints to harden is boring !!!!

JerryNotts:
Great refurb. When you started thei project I wondered why you had acquired this small machine, but now its finished you must have been able to see beyond the cr...y state to what lay hidden beneath.
Jerry

awemawson:
Jerry, it's what floats my boat - trying to make silk purses out of sows ears . . . .

. . . . just remember, inside every lump of rusty metal is a shiny new part waiting to emerge  :lol:

awemawson:
Of course these things are actually NEVER finished. It wasn't until the postman delivered a long thin parcel this morning that I remembered that I hadn't replaced the door wiper strip - another long awaited delivery  :bang:

A bit fiddly to fit as not quite the same size as the original, and the two smaller bits had to have a bit of a hair cut to allow the door to slide reasonably freely - but now fitted.

. . . .so perhaps NOW it's finished  :scratch:

But then - I need to decide what to do with that opening where the original (tiny) monitor was fitted - a door - a drawer - perhaps a cuckoo clock that pops out at the end of a job like the flashing "Cycle Finished" lights some CNC machines have  :lol:

nrml:
Yet another excellent restoration thread :clap:. Not quite in the same league as the Traub restoration but still very entertaining and educational. You sir are a real inspiration to us all :thumbup:.
Is the tool changer going to get a tear down and re-grease at some point in the future? It sounded a bit noisy in one of the earlier videos. Has that resolved ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version