Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Centec 2A Rebuild

<< < (7/7)

vtsteam:
First eleven photos in thread edited to reduce size.

timby:
This thread has gone a bit quiet, so just as an aside  I recently paid  a visit to the original Centic premises in Richmond upon Thames.

Good to see the building has been to good use. 

Darrene:
I wanted to say a huge thanks to Paul for starting this post. I’m trying to strip a seized mk2 vertical head and there really is no other resource to help understand the innards, particularly now the Yahoo groups are gone.

I’m fairly sure the bearings on the shaft of mine are the cause of the seizure. I’ve removed both top and bottom caps and can see the bottom bearing as described.

I am going to need to drop the shaft out of the head, downwards as suggested.

My question is do I need to loosen the bevel gear thrust nut first at all? Should it all just press through the lower bearing shell? Best guess at the moment is that it needs pressing down until I can reach the thrust nut,undo the grub screw in it and unscrew it up the shaft as the shaft is pressed out, the nut will eventually come off inside the casing and the bevel gear can be slid off too, then the shaft pushed the rest of the way out..

Any advice would be gratefully received - I’m wary of trying to press the shaft out and causing damage but I don’t see any other option

All the best
Darren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version