Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Mini lathe motor. Once again.....

<< < (5/6) > >>

Stilldrillin:
I managed an hour, this afternoon.....

Photographed, all, of the existing connections.  Then, removed the original board, and replaced with, the replacement.

Out to the shop. The light bulb test went, perfectly.

Connected to motor. It ran well, at all revs. Sounded a little rachety. Probably, due to the re-faced brushes, bedding in.

It wanted to creep, slightly, at slowest position. Before actually clicking, off... So, I tweaked the MIN pot, slightly.

I mostly use a 5" chuck. So, turned the ACCEL pot, 1/2 a turn, to give some 3secs acceleration time.

The only drawback. (So far)... It doesn't seem to have any braking effort. The unloaded motor spins to a gentle standstill.
 Is there anything, I can tweak?  :scratch:

The incoming weather, and family needs. Will keep me indoors, until the New Year.
 Only then can I rebuild, and fully test run......  :thumbup:

Happy, little Drillin.  :D

John Rudd:
David,
If you let me have your email address I can send you the KB manual that has all the setup info in it....
It goes through the process of setting min/max speed, acceleration setting, current limiting etc.

Stilldrillin:
Sorted nicely, John. Thank you!  :thumbup:

I managed an hour, this morning. The lathe is up and running.  :D

No time. (Or weather), for a full workout.
 Though, a piece of 12mm dia, rust. Was reduced to 10mm dia. As efficiently as expected......

Oh....HAPPY DAY!!    :)

Stilldrillin:
Well..... Old age and winter weather, are keeping me from any form of shop project work.

But. I have managed several little bits n bobs. And, the lathe has performed, perfectly.  :thumbup:

The question, now... Does anyone run a repair service, for these boards?
 I have this duff one, and a doubtful one, in another control box.

John Rudd:
Well....me of course..I  can repair them and have done more than several...

If you want to pursue contact me via email/pm...only too glad to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version