The Shop > CNC

CNC Craft Cutter

<< < (2/2)

Joules:
Glad to help Gordon, the calibration screens are under the SEND menu in Silhouette Studio, right click on the cutter icon at the bottom of the page and it brings up another menu where you can select calibration.  At least I hope that option is correct for your machine.

Had a play this morning with my modded blade holder and resharpened blade to see what it could do.  The example is 15 micron kitchen foil, the larger outline cut is 1.5mm, the small was attempted at 0.5mm.  It cut most of it, the tack on my new mat was too much for the foil really, but you can carefully peel the foil away.  My resharpened blade did pick up the foil on the left side, hence it missing, but did the rest of the cut OK.  I need to investigate using small less tacky patches on the main carrier, perhaps Post It Note tackiness would work.  You also need a really clean surface as the tacky stuff picks up dirt like a magnet and on really thin stuff this embosses the material.  My resharpened blade working fine on vinyl, so I know I can extend my blade life without too much trouble.

Brass_Machine:
This is one for my futures... I have been planning on getting one of these. Interested in doing gaskets and some vinyl.

Joules:
Eric, look carefully for what you need.  I bought the Silhouette for business use as it works offline and I won’t have issues with confidential work being on the Cloud.  The CriCut Maker would be my machine of choice other than the software is Cloud based.  This isn’t a problem for hobby stuff, you do need a good network connection for the online software though.

Another thing comparing both machines. The Cameo 3 has a blade force of 210 grams and the Maker 4000 grams.  That means the Maker can handle much heavier materials, combined with the steerable blade makes this a very interesting machine for model making.  Loads of online videos once you can ignore 90% of the presenters and concentrate on the machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version