The Craftmans Shop > Model Engineering

For Mr Drilling esq

(1/3) > >>

fcheslop:
Hi marra, a long time coming and still away to go but at least now a runner after doubting my sanity and some serious head scratching
Iv still two small binds to find and fit the piston packing and make a gasket for the hot cap once I managed to get some thickish material
A short video
The whole geometry has had to be changed and the crank moved by 6mm as well as the water outlet :doh: A new beam carved from a bit of round and a new bearing pedestal amongst other bit n bobs
Cheers and keep well
frazer

Stilldrillin:
Ohh.... Mate! What a sight for sore eyes!   :bugeye:

After all the time, spent with me. Then, Yourself...
 You've finally made a sow's purse, into a beautiful, silk ear. :thumbup:

Seven years ago..... http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,3881.0.html

Then to you. Two n half years ago. Blummin, well done!  :clap:

I guess, you're pleased, you stuck at it. Now......    :D

fcheslop:
Hi David, Its the first hot air engine Iv built for a long time that I wasna sure if it was going to run so very chuffed
Iv tightened up all the rather large tolerances on the original design (5 thou clearance ) but suffered doing it
Still have two small problems the pin in the rod from crank to beam wiggles sideways slightly as you rotate the engine .Spent hours trying to find it with no luck and the top left link pin has 3 thou clearance or it makes the piston bind
When looking at the engine the beam is slightly of center to the left this problem is what has caused most problems as the original builder placed the main bearing upright a good 1/4 inch to the right and Iv had to fit an extra main bearing now three ball bearing .By adding the extra the flywheel now has clearance and the water fitting has been re positioned
Im struggling to get round these two points and Im going to do the pump next then it canbe ran for a good length of time as at the moment its only very short runs as Im worried about the glue holding the liner into the water jacket over heating
All in all its been an education and can appreciate the struggles you have. It looks as good as when I got it :Doh: but now runs
Im not happy with the designed water pump its not to scale and the fire box as drawn for an oil/gas fired engine is also wrong .
Another update in about two years :D

tom osselton:

--- Quote from: Stilldrillin on November 29, 2017, 05:48:49 PM ---Ohh.... Mate! What a sight for sore eyes!   :bugeye:

After all the time, spent with me. Then, Yourself...
 You've finally made a sow's purse, into a beautiful, silk ear. :thumbup:

Seven years ago..... http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,3881.0.html

Then to you. Two n half years ago. Blummin, well done!  :clap:

I guess, you're pleased, you stuck at it. Now......    :D

--- End quote ---

My God has it been 7 years!

fcheslop:
Just a wee update of this very slow ongoing project
Best wishes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page