Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Tiny Homes and Living Spaces

<< < (3/3)

efrench:

--- Quote from: sparky961 on October 22, 2017, 07:44:48 PM ---Thanks for your great input.  It's given me some things to think about.

I like the idea of a log cabin, but I neglected to mention that my actual goal is toward something on wheels, something mobile.  This rules out heavy construction.

The idea of having "smart" environmental controls appeals to me, and I'll likely do something along these lines for comfort.  However, relying on such things without a plan B and C for my own safety doesn't seem very smart.

I think some experimentation might be in order, with myself as the test subject - though without putting myself in harm's way. :)

--- End quote ---

Have you considered a travel trailer?  All of these issues have been worked out years ago.  One of my favorites was in Harrah's car collection in Reno.  It was a 5th wheeler built sometime in the early 30s of the last century.

sparky961:
I've considered one, yes. Main problem I see is lack of insulation for a cold Canadian winter. They're designed to spend maybe a week or two using it as a base while keeping busy with other things through the day. Also, I don't know why they all have to look so obviously "travel trailer", not to mention ugly.

Pete.:
Drill down far enough and no matter how cold it is on the surface you'll be able to pull enough heat out of the ground to keep yourself comfy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version