Home Base > Introductions

Hi there from north east.

<< < (5/6) > >>

philf:

--- Quote from: joegoldstraw on October 25, 2017, 07:01:49 PM ---I don't suppose anyone knows if a myford ML7 tailstock would fit on my boxford? There's loads of them on eBay

--- End quote ---

It would but not without making a new base for it. The Myford Bed basically consists of two flat parallel bars and the Boxford uses a prismatic bed.

Also, the ML7 tailstock is a pain to use. If the barrel is retracted then it stops you operating the handwheel with the handles. The Boxford and Myford Super 7 tailstocks are much better than the ML7. (Later ML7R tailstocks were the same as the Super 7.)

Better to hold out for a Boxford one.

Phil.

joegoldstraw:

--- Quote from: philf on October 26, 2017, 04:08:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: joegoldstraw on October 25, 2017, 07:01:49 PM ---I don't suppose anyone knows if a myford ML7 tailstock would fit on my boxford? There's loads of them on eBay

--- End quote ---

It would but not without making a new base for it. The Myford Bed basically consists of two flat parallel bars and the Boxford uses a prismatic bed.

Also, the ML7 tailstock is a pain to use. If the barrel is retracted then it stops you operating the handwheel with the handles. The Boxford and Myford Super 7 tailstocks are much better than the ML7. (Later ML7R tailstocks were the same as the Super 7.)

Better to hold out for a Boxford one.

Phil.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Phil. I thought I'd check just to see if it was a quick fix to get me away. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergus OMore:
Maybe a tailstock from (say) a Sieg C4? One should be obtainable from new!

Now's there's a change?

N

seadog:
Why faff around modifying something? By the time you've bought it and machined it, or found someone to machine it, you might just as well have bought one. They fetch around £100 on eBay. Read my earlier post re a possible source.

joegoldstraw:
Haven’t been on here for ages so apologies. My work has took a detour now and no longer in need of this lathe. Is there a for sale section I can advertise it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version