Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

By popular? demand - a first engine project

(1/3) > >>

Alan Haisley:
Well, having introduced myself, I apparently can't avoid showing

to the crowd. Although it is crude, I'm still proud that I was able to understand the concepts of this kind of engine and was actually able to make the parts fit well enough to work.

I thought I was being clever using flat head screws to hold brass plates to both the column as well as the cylinder so that when I fouled the timing I wouldn't have to remake everything to try again; then the darned thing went and ran first time.

Alan

bogstandard:
Wobblers are a marvelous little thing, aren't they Alan?

I.K. Brunell had the same basic idea as yourself, but he made his a twin cylinder, 8ft bore with a 14ft stroke, to go into a ship, but still the same principle as yours. And it worked well, just like yours.

Is it a case of great minds thinking alike?

Bogs

Divided he ad:
That looks like a little engine that does   :)

It's nice to think of something and make it. It doesn't matter how many have made similar in the past..... You made this one  :thumbup: (as said by many of us in the past, there is a great feeling of pride when your first model works  :beer: )

Now I may get a  :wack: for this but.... I don't suppose you have video facility Alan?  (I asked nicely.... No demanding)

It's just nice to see a runner running  :thumbup:

Ralph.

sbwhart:
Well done that Man

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Little engines are great fun to run and build  :thumbup:

You've got to think of your next project now  :proj:

Just have fun with it  :nrocks:

Cheers

Stew

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: AlanH on May 20, 2009, 02:05:21 PM ---Although it is crude,

--- End quote ---

It looks good and it runs, nothing crude about that  :bow:

Well done ............ and thanks for popping in and sharing   ............. welcome aboard.

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version