Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

Saturday visit to flea market in Frankfurt

<< < (2/2)

eskoilola:
Thanks for the replies.

The D-shape drills are really D-shape drills. I found a few sites that either show how to make those or sell those with a nasty price. I quess I will drill bunch of holes on wood, measure those bits and put each one into a hole of it's own. That is quite a selection. Seems like these are made of HSS and not carbon steel.

The reamers are really tapered and helix. LOL - I quess I do not need a tapered drill to make a malformed hole - but I assume these make the hole malformed in a certain way. The three reamers are straight though  :thumbup:

Kjelle:
The small pieces with numbers might be guage blocks, used to set micrometers and tools..

Kjelle

PekkaNF:
"Next I sorted out some grinding stones. The one on the top on is a grinding machine dresser, next two are of some unknown material one being very light... "

I have few weird stones that are very light, almost like ceramic tiles from space shuttle type material, they are used to open diamond grinding wheels. I have also some "opening stones" that are used to open standard silicon carbide stone after they are dressed. Maybe something like that?

Pekka

eskoilola:
Another visit to the flea market.
This time the findings were somewhat different.
Sunny weather and a lot of visitors so the prises were rather high.

First find was a bunch of stuff that I know what these are but some of these are probably just going to collect dust in my stock.
The bargaining started at 40 euros and we finally agreed the price to be 35.

Klick the images to get a bigger version.

Dial and carbide bits for external threading.

Ball, roller and needle bearings.

Inductive proximity sensors (4x), touch sensor and some strange hydraulic component.

The other stop was my favourite "supplier". He sells tools coming from companies that have gone out of business.
This time only 2 items. A selection of reamers and some HSS blanks (200 x 15 x 15 mm).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version