The Shop > CNC

multiprinter

<< < (2/2)

shipto:
It is quite big but that wont be for the printing its for the laser marking, it should be able to mark about 850mm by 300mm. The printing will be on a 300mm square heated plate.

shipto:
Its been really slow going due to waiting for parts and went to dentist to have a tooth out and ended up with a infection that made my top lip swell up and made me feel like death warmed up for a while. I suspect the dentist cut my lip with the tools as she didnt seem to be paying too much attention to what she was doing.
Anyway feeling better now and have pretty much got the Z axis all sorted. It has a 3:1 ratio on a M10 thread so should give me .5mm per turn of the motor. Need to start working on getting the Y axis sorted now which means more parts.

tom osselton:
Nice work.

shipto:
Finally got the bits to start on Y axis.

WeldingRod:
Looking promising!

I built a monster printer a while ago: 15" cube print volume.  The KEY thing for big prints:  get a volcano nozzle!  I run a 1.2mm nozzle.  Yes, that's only a little smaller than the 1.75mm filament...  When you want to make BIG parts, there's not substitute for massive volume!

Sneaky slicer trick:  do the infill every two or three layers.  This makes the surfaces look a lot better and doesn't slow it down TOOOO much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version