Home Base > Announcements & Issues

Photobucket's Return........

<< < (2/3) > >>

SVB:
I always seem to get a holding logo on PB hosted photos. Using safari on iPad, is it just me?

awemawson:
Not  just you - Photobucket are trying to hold us to ransom to see pictures hosted by them - they have ruined many forums sadly. Consequently they are now on my blocked senders list as I get daily requests to resume using them - absolutely NO chance !

Stilldrillin:
It's all working, very well for me, on phone, tablet, and laptop. Thanks to the addons.

I can see all my pics, and everyone else's, too.

They've never contacted me, either! Probably, due to the Adblock Plus......  :thumbup:

timby:

--- Quote from: SVB on March 15, 2018, 04:28:36 PM ---I always seem to get a holding logo on PB hosted photos. Using safari on iPad, is it just me?

--- End quote ---

I don't think there is a fix for Safari similar to the above mentioned for Chrome and Firefox,  can you install one of them? 

vtsteam:
I doubt PB will eventually tolerate the couple of browser workarounds. Plus, only those who are aware of the workaround, and who then isntall it will be able to see the pics. Most new visitors will not be aware of it and simply give up on the gutted threads.

If you have photos on this forum, linked to Photobucket, I'd back up all accessible images on your local computer if you haven't already. Then gradually relocate them either on an alternate provider or via the forum photo storage And re-link into your threads.

Then nice thing about downloading them as backup is that they will retain their names exactly as already linked -- if you re=host them elsewhere, generally all that is necessary then is to edit the part of the IMG tag in your posts that has the Photobucket server name. You just substitute the new server name. The rest of the tag stays the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version