Author Topic: RETIREMENT  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Metalman

RETIREMENT
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:17:46 PM »
Having on some forums mentioned earlier in the year that I would take a break from issuing further videos the pause has made me realise that it has come to the time to retire. However, the videos that I had already completed and  intended to issue two at a time, I have now made them all public. They are a series  I have called “Project for an Afternoon” a link here.  http://www.homews.co.uk/page617a.html

Having made those comments, I just may add the occasional video or a few pages to my website, but do not see this as likely in the foreseeable future. The reason is that at the age of 84 I am finding tasks increasingly demanding, typically correspondence. I will though be pleased still to receive emails that I can answer simply, such as, “Thanks for your email” or, “That's  a good idea, must try it some time”.

Could I please ask that you see the correspondence page on my website where there is more detail regarding the situation. http://www.homews.co.uk/page6.html

I will still view my website statistics though most forum only give the total number of visits which is of little use, only a small number  give the page from which a link occurred and can then be followed up.

I would now like to give a big thank you to the very large number of home metalworkers, world wide, who have thanked me for my articles, books, website, and more recently, videos. Such has done much to help keep me going for some 25 years.

Thanks to you all.
Harold Hall

Offline CrazyModder

Re: RETIREMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:09:09 AM »
84? Bah, that's MUCH too young to retire! Youngsters these days...  :poke:

Just kidding, mate, be sure to relax a bit, you have certainly earned it.  :thumbup:

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:21:45 AM »
I am 87 and fully understand your situation.
So might I thank you for your contribution to model engineering and wish you well for whatever the future has in store?.

Norman Atkinson

Offline Jeff Michel

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 05:26:47 AM »
I have made and enjoyed many of your projects over the years and thank you for them. Best wishes to you in your newest endeavor.
Jeff Michel

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:23:17 PM »
Having enjoyed your many musings and designs over the years. I wish you a long and happy retirement. I hope you will still continue to comment occasionally and add value to this, and other sites ?

With the development of voice recognition software perhaps you maybe soon back amongst the throng?

Thank you from us all.

Ian