Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Epoxy matrix bearing material DIY

<< < (3/4) > >>

naffsharpe (Nathan):
Pekka, if you would like some loaded packing to try just PM an address and I'll send some FOC. As far as a "flat" format material is concerned, I would be inclined to mould solid rods of my materials into the matrix rather than an all in powder mix. Arranged in the correct order they should give the required "floating" surface? Nathan.

gzuckier:
Could you dissolve out the CaCO3 with weak acid, to leave porosity you could fill with lube?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fergus OMore:
I have a large tin of powdered bronze natural coloured and several coloured powders which were intended for doing gilt picture frames.

It's family stuff untouched since 1938 or earlier. Is this suitable for bearings, please

Norm

RussellT:

--- Quote from: naffsharpe (Nathan) on September 08, 2017, 03:47:48 PM ---I think that the Teflon/PTFE should be omitted for a dry bearing at high speeds , (it releases, I think, Hydrogen Cyanide under pressure/heat),

--- End quote ---

I think it's Hydrogen Fluoride.

Russell

PekkaNF:
Thank you Nathan. Generous offer and interesting idea. However, need to check first the powder mix construction, have allready most of stuff for tests.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version