Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Lathe Height

<< < (8/8)

chipenter:
The older I get the more critical the lathe height becomes  , and the heavier the chucks get .

mattinker:
Andrew,
I don't want to start catching you up in age!!

Cheers, Matthew

ajax:

--- Quote from: Mike E. on August 28, 2018, 03:51:31 PM ---Elevating my Boxford lathe so the center of apron handwheel matches my elbow height is ideal for me. I'm 6' tall.

--- End quote ---

Did you add feet or a frame for the lathe to stand on? I have a Denford Viceroy lathe that shares some similarities to Boxfords, hence my interest. The lathe is quite top heavy so I think a wider frame may be the safest option.

Muzzerboy:
For my Bantam, I bought a set of those rubber machine feet and fitted them on small hollow spacers, giving a total height increase of 2-3 inches. There were 4 holes in the base already, so very little work involved. No experience of this outfit but they seem to have a decent selection at reasonable prices. And then there's ebay, Amazon, Aliexpress etc.

Something like these perhaps https://www.bpfonline.co.uk/search.asp?catid=10977

Spurry:
My lathe was a little low, (I'm 6'3"), so mounted it on 5 wheels, which makes it easy to move about single handed. Ideally it could have been a little higher. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version