Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Lathe Height

<< < (3/8) > >>

awemawson:
Thanks chaps - I have to pinch myself and calculate these days to check how old I am - certainly don't feel 68 until something needs doing down at ground level, then reality sinks in  :lol:

bpud:
Agree with everyone else, get the twirly bits at or above elbow height.  I'm 5'9" and my mini lathe spindle centreline is at 4'2".  I'm an arthritic 70, as of last Monday..............
cheers
Bill

Will_D:
The elbow height check was originally given for setting the height of vice jaws. This is so the hacksaw cuts nicely at 90 to the work piece (set flush'ish with top of jaws).

A long long time ago when I first set up my ML7 I set the top of the compound slide to "elbow" height. 

NormanV:
I am 6' tall and have my spindle at just over 4' and I still find myself stooping over it. I would like it another 3" higher.

SwarfnStuff:
Yup,
     Elbow height is good but I'm coming to the conclusion as I begin my 77th orbit of the sun that Elbow plus a hand might be better.
      As Lew said the closer the better for spectacle wearers (Within reason else the loupe might be needed).
     Andrew M , I find that floor level stuff really becomes a problem when trying to get back up. Gravity really works against me then.
John B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version