Home Base > Introductions

Recent joiner

(1/2) > >>

Alan Haisley:
I am a retired computer programmer. In my former life, "big iron" meant IBM mainframe computers. I still remember though, stories my dad told about shipyard lathes and machine work in places like Bridgeport, Connecticut.

I have fond memories of Erector Sets, Heathkit, and, for older members in the US, the Knight Radio Lab from Allied Radio.

I will probably always be an underfunded hobby machinist and woodworker, but have had a lifelong love of machines and the machines that produce them.

Sometimes I have insights into problems but more usually enjoy reading solutions and thinking how they may be applied on small scale projects.

My first real metalworking project was a vertical wobbler air engine. Having read a good deal, I felt compelled to do an own design. When it was completed and ran the first time I put air to it, I was overjoyed and amazed.

Alan

Brass_Machine:
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Got some pictures of your wobbler?

Computer programmer eh? I am currently in IT myself... not a programmer but engineer\admin.

Eric

usn ret:
Alan, welcome aboard. If you have done any reading of newbie intros, you discovered a varied level of expertise,  experience and intrest.We tend to look at the mostly full glass and some of us are just overjoyed each morning when we are not looking at the grass roots :D :D
The only dumb question that exists is the one that isn't asked :smart: so, ask a lot of questions and have fun. :nrocks: :ddb: :nrocks:
Cliff :beer:

sbwhart:
Welcome aboard the cube Alan  :borg:

This is a good place to be:- ask questions, answers questions and join in the banter.

and don't forget  :worthless:

Have fun

Stew

spuddevans:
Hey, welcome to the  :borg:

Pull up a chair and join us

Oh yea, about that wobbler ...  :worthless:  :D

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version