The Shop > CNC

first cnc

<< < (2/4) > >>

ddmckee54:
If I'm reading that name-plate correctly, you've got yourself a 30KVA 3 phase 480 volt primary to 240 volt auto transformer.  At least it looks like it says 30KVA.  According to my books you're looking at full load amperages of 36.1 in the 480 side and 72.2 on the secondary side.  That's kind of on the big side - but not huge.  What's that thing got, about a 20HP motor on the spindle?

Don

tom osselton:
Well it has landed but had to come down the alley on the forklift
Thats my son in the t shirt.
We cleaned any remaining chips and coolant tank then installed the conveyor.
We also were given a few soft jaws!
The motor says it is 29.5 hp at 57 amps and we would like to get a mill with about  7.5 hp so what wil I need for power a 40hp converter? 

tom osselton:
Well here's a bit of a update the garage is coming along great! As you can see there is lots of light and alot more room although we are still sorting things for basement, shed or turf. We went with a 30 hp digital phase converter that is due here next week.I still have to drill a hole into the basement to feed video cables that can be hooked up along with the computer / tv (eventually) and one more coat of paint for the ceiling, its come a long way from bare studs!

Yesterday we rolled out some brown parcel paper and cut out the pattern for the Haas tm1p this will allow us to find the best spot, we are thinking on a 45 to the corner to allow the 3 foot door swing for the panel.Once we have decided on a spot we have to raise the ceiling because total height for the z is 105 inches, acording to Haas it should be here at the end of the month till then I shall be yelling at the snow gods to p*ss off!

tom osselton:
Well the phase converter has finally arrived so I'll have to bring in a Sparky.
I also cleared out the corner and placed the template down it looks like a 45 angle to the corner will be the best choice when the mill gets here.

tom osselton:
This is the fan I want to hook up to the vent in the roof that was put in last year.
The fan has a 6 inch intake and exhaust I picked them up on kijiji for $50.00 it supposedly was used on 6 bays so I'm hoping to use a dimmer switch to slow it down a tad. I could also use a spare 90v dc motor for my milling machine if need be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version