The Shop > Tools

I've killed my Boford lathe - help!

<< < (2/2)

raynerd:
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. Yes I've done it a couple of times and the belt has just slipped. I'll have a proper look this weekend and expect I'll post more on here for help when I can see what is what! Thanks for the diagram.

It's a boxford model A

GoFish:
Hello,
        It's a bit late now but I have a routine that was whacked into me as an apprentice in that I never walk away from a machine until it is in neutral, E-stop engaged, lights off, DRO,(if fitted) off and power off, in fact everything needed to make the machine run put in a state that means everything has to be checked before it can be turned on. Apart from stopping me making a stuff up due to brain fade it also makes it very hard for  another person,(who should not be tu-tuing with my stuff anyway), to start anything.
  Above procedure takes seconds and has made me check and avoided mistakes when I have had to stop a job for unexpected reasons.
  I hope there is no serious damage but in consolation there is nothing like a reason to blueprint aye?

vtsteam:
Good for you, then.

Biggles:
I agree with the general sentiment of others it seems like a shear pin, which I have done on the Harrison.   :Doh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version