Gallery, Projects and General > Mod-Ups!

NEW Mod-Up: Make Something out of a Bicycle

<< < (2/5) > >>

mattinker:
I don't have any photos of the things that I've made from bits of bicycle, they go back a long way! I have bike frames in "stock" as it's an easy way to have strange dimensions of tubing in short lengths that get used for all sorts of things. The first thing I made with the hub of a bicycle wheel was the vertical axis for arm of a 33rpm turn table, long since gone! I've made "kinetic" sculpture from bicycle parts, here is a quickly thrown together video of a piece that uses the hub of the front wheel of a bicycle!

Cheers, Matthew

shipto:

--- Quote from: vtsteam on July 01, 2017, 09:24:12 AM ---Okay, I'm tired of looking at this whole forum section and seeing no activity! You guys have no imaginations!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--- End quote ---
Hey I came up with a suggestion but no on said anything. Although I did patch it on to the end of the trophy thread maybe I should have made new thread for it. Sorry but I dont have a bicycle the rip apart so wont be joining this one look forward to seeing what anyone comes up with though.

vtsteam:
Nice Matt. Will you join the mod up and start something new?

Shipto, sorry I somehow missed that, but yes, feel free to start a Mod-up for anything you like, any time! This is for anybody to cook up. But also yes, please do open any new Mod-Up as a new topic and give the rules and finish date.

re. bikes....maybe you know somebody with an old broken bike or outgrown kids bike? Here the police departments often have unclaimed bikes to give away. Then there's the scrapyard, Craigslist giveaways, etc. Surely you must have access to somebody's unwanted wheelie? I have at least four in various states of disrepair, plus our regular family bikes.

mattinker:
Sorry Steve, I've got far too much on my plate to even think about participating!

Regards, Matthew

shipto:

--- Quote from: vtsteam on July 02, 2017, 03:10:40 PM ---Nice Matt. Will you join the mod up and start something new?

Shipto, sorry I somehow missed that, but yes, feel free to start a Mod-up for anything you like, any time! This is for anybody to cook up. But also yes, please do open any new Mod-Up as a new topic and give the rules and finish date.

--- End quote ---
I will resuggest it after this one is finished.

--- Quote ---re. bikes....maybe you know somebody with an old broken bike or outgrown kids bike? Here the police departments often have unclaimed bikes to give away. Then there's the scrapyard, Craigslist giveaways, etc. Surely you must have access to somebody's unwanted wheelie? I have at least four in various states of disrepair, plus our regular family bikes.

--- End quote ---
I am still working on my milling machine so as well as not having a bike to hand I am pressed for time in the shop too so must back out sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version