Gallery, Projects and General > Mod-Ups!

NEW Mod-Up: Make Something out of a Bicycle

<< < (3/5) > >>

efrench:
Use the bike to power your mill  :)   Actually not a new idea.  10 years or so ago we had demonstrator at our wood turning club who powered his lathe with a bike, but he wasn't turning wood.  He was hand turning brass using gravers and the finish or form was great.

vtsteam:
I have an idea that will use the bike to power something.....

Fergus OMore:
Ah well? If my aged memory has still a bit of capacity, the bike was used to charge batteries for nothing less than French Resistance radios during the WW2.

John Stevenson:

--- Quote from: awemawson on July 01, 2017, 11:52:58 AM ---A friends Sow had a litter that was obviously sired by several Boars, as there were Saddlebacks, Large Whites, and a bit of Wild Boar. It must have been quite a party, and henceforth she's been known as 'The Village Bicycle' - I'll leave it to your imagination as to why .

So can I use her - I envisage Pork Belly, Bacon, Sausages and a bit of Ham  :lol:

--- End quote ---

I think I may have dated her many years ago.  :wave:

vtsteam:
Norman, efrench, I remember seeing something a few decades ago about a father who had rigged up the family television to a generator on a stationary bike so his kids would limit their viewing, as well as get exercise while doing so. The kids would discuss and agree on what programs they would watch, and then spell each other on the machine. Worked out well apparently.

I've been asked for something that would mechanize bean threshing for kids by our local farm to school program. So instead of something motorized, I'm thinking a bike powered thresher of some sort might be the way to go, and fit in here as a project on MadModders. They've got too many screens and buttons to push as it is in their lives. I think it might be fun all around.

John, didn't we all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version