The Shop > Tools

New ball bearings to Festo OF-900 router

<< < (2/2)

PekkaNF:
John,

You should be granted a proper title, something like Earl of Cork, Knight of small bearing extraction :wave:

I mounted 8 mm roll pin on the router rotor collet chuck, then took it to the lathe. Nipped the 608 bearing on three jaw chuck and pin on drill chuck. Very moderate force at the tail stock extreacted the bearing.

Thank you.

Those bearings are not what they look.

1: The commutator end bearing has outside rubber seal removed, no markings on metal parts, but on rubber seal that was facing the commutator had following marking: England, 608D, NMB.

2: The collet side bearing has a rubber seal on both sides, that seal has following marking: England, NSK, 6003V. Outter rim has C3 clearance markings. I removed rubber seal and it revealed very normal ball bearing with pressed and riveted steel gage.

Grease on bothe bearings looked spent, the thickener was visibly lumpy, Could have much of the oil churned out and couse rolls to glide? Would that cause scream at start and stop. Short squeal.

Anyway, ordered some bearings and see if they work.

Pekka

vintageandclassicrepairs:
Hi Pekka,

--- Quote ---You should be granted a proper title, something like Earl of Cork, Knight of small bearing extraction :wave:

--- End quote ---
:beer:  :lol:
I spent much of my "career"  as a maintenance spark/ instrument tech,
fettling all sorts of electrical power tools was an all too common task
The puller graduated to my personal tool box during that time  :palm:

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version