Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

poorly seig c3

<< < (2/8) > >>

John Rudd:
Well is it 56 mV or 5.6 Volts? Hmmm....Depends on what range you have set on your meter.....

Ok, looking at the front of the regulator ( where the numbers are...) the connections are; 1,2 &3 left to right.....connect your meter Black lead to the tab, now connect the Red lead to pin1.... What reading do you get? Set the meter to the 20 range DC volts....then transfer the Red lead to pin3, what reading is on the meter?
Apologies if this is all simplistic, but I dont know what electronic knowledge you have....( I'm a retired engineer,with an electrical/electronic background)

super7:
Is it not strange that you are getting 0 ohms across the secondary coil in the first pic? Is that not indicative of a dead short ?

davidcurtis021:
Hi John

i will go and do as you suggest first thing tommorow the wife wont let me go out and play anymore tonight. please no apologies simplistic is good, in my former life i was a mushroom farmer so my toolkit was more stilson wrench and large hammer. my limited electrical knowledge came from our local electrician who taught me just enough to change a 3 phase motor or to check i was getting power.
i still take a deep breath and count to ten before going anywhere near live power.

incidently the meter range  was set to auto

awemawson:
A transformer winding will usually show very low resistance to DC. Remember that it is an inductor, and that it's impedance at supply frequency limits it's current, not it's resistance at DC. Same with motor windings.

davidcurtis021:

--- Quote from: super7 on June 06, 2017, 04:11:55 PM ---Is it not strange that you are getting 0 ohms across the secondary coil in the first pic? Is that not indicative of a dead short ?

--- End quote ---

the reading wasnt exactly zero it fluctuated between zero and 0.003 my understanding is that is normal and a reading that is 0L indicates something amiss

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version