The Shop > CNC

Which CAD/CAM to learn 3D design and use 3D printer and CNC mill

<< < (3/12) > >>

PekkaNF:
Thanks Rob

I work in a middle size company, we have ERP, PDM, CAD....PML and what not. To avoid that mess I'm asking what is the right way at the hobby side. Bit like at the end of 1980s there were electrical circuit schematic programs that were really nice to use: you picked the part and then it was in the BOM that you could print or export. You exported the diagram to router/PCB design program and you could export HPGL to pen plotters to print the etching film and GRBL (or something) to drilling machine.

But this old dog probably has to learn new tricks.

Pekka

awemawson:
Bring back ORCAD and Protel Design Explorer eh Pekka  :thumbup:

PekkaNF:
I am pretty sure that nostalgia isn't what it used to be :lol:

Anyways electrocity is more familiar to me than mechanics - I'm just surrounded by mechanical engineers and they have it for work. I want to make it my hobby. Call it first world problem.

I just want to find out what is the KISS approach here, make it mantra and keep my eye on the ball when I'll get into it. Not dwell on shady corners of possibilities.

You know what I mean.

Pekka

awemawson:
Well I still reckon that Fusion 360 is for you then. It has the full gambit of capabilities from sketching, drawing, modelling to CAD output for a wide range of controllers, and also can save stuff as .STL files for 3D printers both is ASCII stl and binary stl.

AND it's free   :thumbup:

(When you've learnt it perhaps you can spare a few days to teach me  :lol: )

PekkaNF:
Sounds like need to buy a new second hand PC or laptop with 64 bit operating system for that free program. Not big deal, I can use this old clunker to see the tutorials on youtube and use the "new" one trying out cad.

I actually should buy laptop, if I don't learn it I can also give it to daughter.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version