Author Topic: Impressive new consumer drone technology  (Read 5269 times)

Offline tigtorch

Impressive new consumer drone technology
« on: April 30, 2017, 09:35:02 AM »
I recently joined the growing club of drone flyers and have been amazed at the technology advances in this field since I flew RC aircraft 10 years ago. My new drone, the DJI Mavic Pro, is an amazingly capable machine that folds into a travel ready little package.  Among the many incredible things it does is automatic 360 degree panoramic shots.

There is an app called Hangar 360 that automatically controls the entire process: it takes off, travels to 300 ft. altitude (or other specified height), takes 23 carefully aimed photos, automatically lands exactly where it took off (in my case within 3"), uploads the photos to it's website and assembles them into a 360 degree panorama shot that you can move around with your mouse... all FREE.

Here is an example someone posted from SE Spain. I did one in my neighborhood, it went flawlessly and looks great but this is a better example:

https://viewer.hangar.com/NjyBgVrK

Offline ieezitin

Re: Impressive new consumer drone technology
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »
Sweet...

we are getting into drones at work where it could possibly save us hundred thousands of dollars in repair work, I am researching at the moment at how i can fly a fishing line up to a hieght of 40ft and release it over a pulley wheel.

in my opinion this will be a multi million dollar industry within 5 years the use for drones is endless

Anthony
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline tigtorch

Re: Impressive new consumer drone technology
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 10:08:52 AM »
Your specific requirement would be easy with the Mavic and it folds to the size of a large water bottle.  Why release the line?  Just fly over the pulley and return on the other side.