The Shop > CNC

Cetus3D 3D Printer

<< < (3/26) > >>

mattinker:
Well I never!! Titivate titivate.....................

DaveS:
That's one giant leap of engineering from 60lb blacksmith hammer to 3D printer :hammer: :smart:

Joules:
Not really Dave when you take into account the falling head when the power goes off.   :palm:

I looked at this machine, liked the use of linear rail, had reservations about the use of belt on the Z over a leadscrew.  However, the counterbalance spring is a good solution.  Heated bed, depends what you intend to print with.  I wouldn't go too exotic due to the use of printed parts.  Build a cabinet for it to cut down dust and draughts.  In winter my PLA printers have the cabinets warmed to 20 ℃ with a hair drier, after that the printing process is enough to keep them around that temperature for consistent prints.

The Cetus is on my wish list, but only when they have a UK supplier.  Look forward to Andrews mangling of it  :poke:

The Cetus is made by Tiertime, the same company that do the UP printers and a range of professional FDM machines.  They have a lot of experience with printers.  Another option for the counterbalance would be a sash window style fix, counterweight and pulleys 3D printed of course.

awemawson:
5th May DHL are saying for delivery.  :wave:

No doubt they'll hold me to ransom for the VAT and handling charges

Dave, I'd appreciate a link to that heated bed - it didn't show up when I was poking about on the CETUS site   :scratch:

DMIOM:

--- Quote from: awemawson on April 29, 2017, 06:23:39 AM ---.....Dave, I'd appreciate a link to that heated bed - it didn't show up when I was poking about on the CETUS site   :scratch:

--- End quote ---

Andrew - https://www.cetus3d.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=65 but currently showing as 'out of stock'

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version