Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Diamond wheel adapter for bench grinder

<< < (2/2)

PekkaNF:
It is resin bonded diamond. I have been trying to find CBN wheel, but no luck yet.

Found this info
Resin-bonded diamond wheels can be quickly trued, using a silicon carbide brake controlled trueing device.

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/projects/d_wheels/dwdoc2.html

Hmmmmmmm....so diamonf wheel spins faster and truing wheel spins slower?

Then again:

For truing the diamond wheel was spun at 100RPM while the silicon carbide wheel was spun to 3500RPM

Maybe important thing is only speed difference?

I was trying to figure out how to mount the diamond cup wheel true to lathe chuck and then true the boss...it needs only very little. Would need to make mechanical mount, maybe screws to face plate outside of the boss?

Pekka

chipenter:
The only way I could get mine to run true , was to clamp the grinder to the lathe bed and run it to skim the spindle .

Will_D:
I know this old but I have just had a similar problem:

Before doing anything I suggest you check the concentricity of the diamond wheel. Mine was a 'straight cup'

I made up the 32 adapters according to Harold Hall's books and the wheel was running out of true.

I didn't skim the grinder's shafts as they appeared were true running.

I chucked the 32 mm bore onto the lathe chuck and found the wheel was out by about 0.15 mm.

Skimmed the od of the cup wheel (but ignored the bonded diamonds (waiting for a suitable dresser))

Runs much smoother than at first.

PekkaNF:
The diamond/resin rim on my wheel was wobbly and I trued it with silicon carbide wheel. Silicon carbide wheel wore more than 10x speed to diamond wheel, but the diamond came pretty true.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version