Home Base > Introductions

CNC nut from Texas

<< < (3/3)

howsitwork?:
Hi Rob

sorry you lost me on the technical stuff :bow:. I'm still getting to trust I pads etc ( actually starting to like em even to my amazement ) :scratch:

welcome to the collective.

Ian

Biggles:
Hi Rob and welcome.  :wave:

AdeV:
Hey Rob, welcome! I think you'll like it here...

Sounds like you & I got bit by the coding bug at about the same time... I guess I'd have been 10 years old the first time I even saw a computer (in 1983, that would be). I was lucky, I got to follow my ambition through senior school and on to college (well, Polytechnic, which is a kind of University-lite....). Spent the last 20-odd years writing software!

Funnily enough, I prefer to do machining these days, and thoroughly enjoying using my CNC mill. Sure, it's ancient & uses an obsolete programming language, but it does for me. And I'll have to learn G-code anyway, when I get my Mazak lathe going... one day.

Anyway, welcome to the mad modders! We're all mad here, but in the very best of ways  :nrocks:

Doc:
Welcome Rob
  We have a similar problem with the original file (master model) being edited instead of being locked and a rev copy being edited. We use Siemens NX and Team Center to supposedly control it but some designers have found ways around  releasing (locking) the master and creating a rev file. Saves them a few seconds only to cost use hours getting back to the master.
   We actually use 3 different design software Catia, NX and FeatureCam used in he tooling room.
  Anyway welcome aboard! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version