Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Close. But, no Cigar.......

<< < (2/6) > >>

Stilldrillin:
After some deliberation. I made a couple more mods.

New cam. This time, 180*. Which seems more logical, to me.......

Modded the wick tube, slightly. To give a wider flame, at the port area......

The test, (not quite), run......

That's the second time, it has perked up, on camera!
 Though..... Mrs. Drillin was doing the filming. (We all try harder, when She's around).......  :thumbup:

Seems. The only mod left, is to ditch the 1/4" dia saucer, and fit a shim valve. Like Poppin(?).....

Beginning to feel a little desperate, now....

Thanks for looking in!

David.

SwarfnStuff:
Getting betterer and betterer David. You will get that cigar yet,  :clap:  but, by then you might have given them up.
        Your rescue efforts are always a good read.
Thanks for posting.
John B

fcheslop:
Hi marra, just looking at youre pics and the cylinder head thingy ma bob. On all my gulpers when the port is closed the valve only just covers it yourse seems to have a lot of over lap maybe talking out of my backside just an observation
cheers

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: SwarfnStuff on April 24, 2017, 02:35:28 AM ---Getting betterer and betterer David. You will get that cigar yet,  :clap:  but, by then you might have given them up.
        Your rescue efforts are always a good read.
Thanks for posting.
John B

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that, John!  :thumbup:

--- Quote from: fcheslop on April 25, 2017, 02:04:36 PM ---Hi marra, just looking at youre pics and the cylinder head thingy ma bob. On all my gulpers when the port is closed the valve only just covers it yourse seems to have a lot of over lap maybe talking out of my backside just an observation
cheers

--- End quote ---

Heyup Frazer.

Do you think it really matters?  :scratch:  ..... As long as the port is fully opened/ closed. Any, over movement, would be absorbed in the very imprecise timing.......

Frankly. I couldn't get the disc any lower down. Cos' it's too close to the operating lever....... 

Anyroad!
 After making two, shim valves. Which broke, as they couldn't stand the necessary bends, to seal the port......  :bang: :bang:

I went onto something else.

A rig, to allow all day running of my low temp engines, on show days......

A decent result, at last!  :D

Thanks for looking in.
David.

tom osselton:
Very nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version