The Shop > CNC

Modular CNC controller with DDCSV1.1 panel

<< < (2/3) > >>

PPRINT:
Jay, thanks for taking the time to document the great work you have done with your controller project and sharing with the world. Access to well organize examples likes yours really does further this industry, and with that we all benefit.

I personally have a cnc router project that has been on the back burner for a year for various reasons. I have all the electronics procured, including an EdingCnc PC based control system.
While I absolutely love the EdingCnc product line and love working with Bert Eding, I fear that the issues associated with running control software through a PC in a windows environment is/will always be troublesome.
I immediately purchased a DDCSV1.1 after reviewing your post and website and just received notification that it has shipped and should be here early next week.
With it being Spring here in TX it is time to hit the water fishing so I won't make much if any progress for a month or two. Once the heat starts to rise I will be looking for the comfort of my shop and will hopefully get my project up and running.
I just wanted to express my thanks for sharing your project and time.
Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Joules:
Nice work Jay.

ryan8:
Tried out your fusion 360 post  today, worked great - thanks!

Your enclosure and wiring look incredible - it has inspired/shamed me into redoing mine with proper ferrules...

JayMcClellan:

--- Quote from: ryan8 on March 24, 2017, 01:08:20 AM ---Tried out your fusion 360 post  today, worked great - thanks!

Your enclosure and wiring look incredible - it has inspired/shamed me into redoing mine with proper ferrules...

--- End quote ---

Thanks, glad the Fusion 360 post works for you. I'm working on some enhancements to it for 4th axis support, to go with my new 4th axis build.

And don't be ashamed of your wiring - this was actually the first time I had used the crimp ferrules and I didn't even know they existed until just recently. Now that I have a ferrule crimp kit I wonder how I survived so many years without one. It's not strictly necessary of course, but it's a pleasure to use.

DICKEYBIRD:
Hi Jay, thanks so much for your very clearly posted information; here on the forum and on your website.  You do really clean work and show it so well online. Man, I really like those crimp ferrules!  So much so I just ordered the same kit from Amazon.

I noticed you put a 22000 mf cap on your stepper motor power supply.  Is that just a "belt & suspenders" safety device added to your switching power supply?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version