The Shop > Our Shop

Magic Vortex Tube !

<< < (2/3) > >>

awemawson:
Nah ---- that's old hat .... I have an air bearing spindle on my Clarkson Mk2 T&C Grinder - actually two covering different ranges  :lol: :lol:

howsitwork?:
Now that's just showing off :drool: :drool: :drool:

I used one at my friend Jack's. What a piece of kit! Sticky as hell when no air then smooth as silk with air.

Been looking out for one ( at a reasonable price, I am in Yorkshire after all) ever since.

Ian

Re vortex tubes  - so one end could cool your pint whilst the other warms your fingers eh???? :beer:

DaveS:
I have never heard of them or where they would be used but I wonder if you had a tight fit for a bearing on a shaft, place the components at the correct ends and bingo a slide fit. Had to smile when reading through your pics, the heading for Appendix 2.

Slightly off thread but what year is your T & C I was wondering when they started with the air bearing? 

Dave

awemawson:
I've no idea of the Y.O.M. of my Clarkson T&C grinder I'm afraid, and the Air Bearing Spindle won't be the same age as I bought it separately.

(In fact I got it from the late and much lamented Tim Leech of Dutton Dock on the Trent and Mersey Canal where he repaired canal barges but also had a keen interest in Engineering)

PekkaNF:

--- Quote from: DaveS on March 06, 2017, 05:05:13 PM ---I have never heard of them or where they would be used but I wonder if you had a tight fit for a bearing on a shaft, place the components at the correct ends and bingo a slide fit. Had to smile when reading through your pics, the heading for Appendix 2.

Dave

--- End quote ---

The cooling effect is not big enough to give more than marginal results...Stuffing bearings in the plastic bag into fridge is whole lot better method (and less moisture forced into the bearing....if there is any in the compressed air....).

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version