The Shop > Our Shop

Suggestions Please for Storing Sheet Materials

<< < (3/6) > >>

sparky961:
Here's the type of rotisserie I was thinking of.  I didn't realize it sat on a base with wheels.  I figured you just rolled it across the shop.... lol

(YouTube: Not embedded so you can skip to the relevant time)
https://youtu.be/FzPzO6ECh8c?t=249

Interesting, though I think you'd get along better with something smaller that has central pivot points.

awemawson:
Some good and thought provoking ideas chaps thank!

I love the car chassis rotator in the video, it gives a whole new meaning to a Rolling Chassis  :ddb:

Keep the ideas flowing, this is very useful to me, thanks.

Will_D:
Do you have enough ceiling height for an I bean, rolling carriage, and a chain block?

Pete W.:

--- Quote from: sparky961 on February 26, 2017, 06:20:22 PM ---
SNIP

The key to storing sheets is that as soon as you have one heavy sheet laying directly on top of another it's a PITA to get the forks between them without damaging them.  It can also be a hassle to pick up just the top one with a magnet, as the next one or two are attracted as well.  You need to get a prybar in there and "pop" then apart quickly.  The design would need to have separators that allow you to pick individual sheets.

SNIP

--- End quote ---

I'm sure I've seen catalogue pictures of a magnetic gizmo that's specifically configured to separate sheets of steel at one edge.  Maybe in my treasured hardback copy of the Buck & Hickman catalogue?  Works on the principle that like poles repel.

It might not be up to working on 6 mm thick sheet though! 

awemawson:

--- Quote from: Will_D on February 27, 2017, 05:09:15 AM ---Do you have enough ceiling height for an I bean, rolling carriage, and a chain block?

--- End quote ---

Sadly not Will. This bit of the emporium is a sloping truss roof with fibre reinforced cement sheets, and the purlins are  only 3x3 steel angle with the sheets directly onto them. The low end is only 7 foot and the high end barely 9

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version