Gallery, Projects and General > Oooops!

Boom - or the Power of Compressed Air !

<< < (2/5) > >>

hermetic:
 Bad luck Andrew, that damage is a bit of a B*stad, but if you can find the bits, it will fix with Hepworth solvent cement, I have some on the desk as it happens. It actually blew those off the shelf onto the floor?
Phil

awemawson:
Phil, as I said I wasn't in the workshop when it happened (lucky or I may have had other 'accidents'  :bugeye: )

So whether it was the impact of the 'blanking plug bullet' or the blast of air, or more likely a bit of both that did it I'm uncertain. But yes they were knocked off completely.  The Textronix TDR 'scope powers up, but reports 'screen temperature alarm' but is ok if you accept the error and continue - I'd imagine that a sensor has been destroyed or perhaps ripped off by the impact. I haven't ventured too near the Prom programmer - actually I can't remember actually using that one - it was a 'too good to ignore' bargain sometime.

tom osselton:
Glad to hear you wern't in there!

jcs0001:
That's one you can laugh about since no one was injured.  It reminds me of a test I did on a 7 ft piece of 2 1/2 in. firehose with compressed air.  It was plugged at one end with a cast iron nipple with a pipe plug on it - the other end with a cast iron plug with a schraeder valve.  Both nipples were held with a couple of adjustable clamps tightened to the n'th degree.  Anyway I had pressured it up to about 75 psi or so and left it out on my back deck.  Figured I'd leave it a few hours and then check the pressure.

I did not account for the sun shining on the blue firehose :doh:

When I came back a couple of hours later the end plug and nipple were missing.  It had been pointed in the general direction of the back fence.  I looked all over and never found the plug or nipple - didn't ask the neighbours as I was afraid of the answer.

It must have been a fairly spectacular blast but unfortunately/fortunately no one was around to see or hear it.

John.

awemawson:

--- Quote from: tom osselton on February 16, 2017, 03:41:25 PM ---Glad to hear you wern't in there!

--- End quote ---

So was I  :lol:

I suppose in a much smaller room it could have caused ear damage let alone being hit by flying debris  :bugeye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version