Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Harrison 140 lathe question

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ian.C:
Thanks Mick, I have just ordered a new tap. She is getting a bit of a paint job this weekend not ideal weather conditions but I cant wait to start making some swarf. Ian

Ian.C:
Thanks to Mick and every one else the threads have now been chased out. I borrowed an engineers level and have the lathe as level as its ever going to be in my possesion, the level is accurate to 0.3mm and I focused my patience towards the front to back rather than along the length - I wish i knew the correct terminology! I was more concerned about twisting the bed. I will be making chips and swarf tomorrow. Ian

micktoon:
Hi Ian , glad you managed to get it sorted out in the end   :thumbup:
  Cheers Mick

awemawson:

--- Quote from: Ian.C on February 17, 2017, 05:25:19 PM ---Thanks to Mick and every one else the threads have now been chased out. I borrowed an engineers level and have the lathe as level as its ever going to be in my possesion, the level is accurate to 0.3mm and I focused my patience towards the front to back rather than along the length - I wish i knew the correct terminology! I was more concerned about twisting the bed. I will be making chips and swarf tomorrow. Ian

--- End quote ---

Along the bed is the Z axis, and across the bed is the X axis

mattinker:
The Z axis is the driven axis.

All the best, Matthew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version