Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Mission Creep

<< < (2/4) > >>

ieezitin:
NICE!!!!!!!!!!

Now you kneed a spreadsheet to keep track whats in those bins... BTW the calendar was first thing in my vision   :palm:

sparky961:
Pete, you're somewhere around half way to the solution I've always dreamed of.  You got the "little indexed boxes" part spot on, but for me going and looking something up every time I want to put something away or fetch it is a bit tedious.

*MY* dream organization system is this *PLUS* a pick/place robotic system!  You have a "delivery" area where you can tell the computer "I have this widget to store".  It then asks you a few simple questions like what you call it, some keywords to find it, size and weight (better yet, it weighs it and uses a vision system to get rough measurements), then a box appears by way of electromechanical magic.  You put the item in the box and press the "STORE" button.

When you want this, or anything else, at a later date you simply search the database or browse by category, pick an item, and it's delivered in it's own little box right in front of you.  Of course by the time this becomes practical (if ever) you'll just tell it in your natural voice "I need an M6 by 1 socket head cap screw, 25mm long".  And it might say "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.  But I do have a 15mm or a 35mm that might work.  Would you like one of those?"  Oh god.... BLISS!

You could run all sorts of useful queries like "what have I not accessed for 5 years?" or better yet "purge items not accessed for 10 years" - where the matching items are delivered directly to the dumpster out back! ;)  Sure, a little tongue in cheek but can you imagine the possibilities?  The storage itself could also be very compact and located in an area not normally accessible to you - like an attic, wall/floor cavity, overhead (unless you're over 7' tall), whatever goes.

If only it could be made affordable for the average person. :(

Pay attention to how the system here is loaded at about 1:25.... WOW, that's simple!

Shrink this one down, make it affordable, and I'm in storage heaven!

efrench:
I don't get it..  Why did you change the labels from yellow to red ???  :hammer:

Spurry:

--- Quote from: efrench on January 14, 2017, 12:19:23 AM ---I don't get it..  Why did you change the labels from yellow to red ???  :hammer:

--- End quote ---
Labels are not changed; there are red ones along one wall, with reversed colour base units, and yellow ones along the other wall, with reversed base units.
Using the variations in colour keeps the numbering/lettering within reasonable bounds. You may have spotted the white/blue base unit, out of place along the red wall.
This is from my old 'shed' which means it was in the centre i.e. not on a wall. Those 'floating' units have to be relabelled in their correct colour for their new location.
Thanks for the interest.  :thumbup:
Pete

RobWilson:

--- Quote from: Spurry on January 13, 2017, 06:00:51 PM ---
On a more serious note, have you made any preparations for those who have to follow, and sort out your workshops? Not trying to be morbid, just realistic.

Pete

--- End quote ---

Morning Pete,

I haven't given it much thought,  do you have something in place for the inevitable?   

Rob.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version