The Shop > Our Shop

Moving shop again (again)...

<< < (3/17) > >>

Manxmodder:

--- Quote from: RobWilson on November 14, 2016, 12:16:26 PM ---Looking good Ade

I sure wish I had just half the space you have  :palm:

Rob  :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

A mezzanine and knee pads and you've doubled your working space......OZ.

howsitwork?:
Ade

really impressive mate and a lot of hard work no doubt. :clap:

Flog the pigeon fertilizer to someone who has an allotment! Like the idea of integrated pool table, mine just stands on end next to the mill until kids nag me and I put it up again.

Instead of a sliding door why not heavy duty plastic screen- faster and keeps heat in? Unless there's a fire hazard issue?

Ian

AdeV:
Thanks chaps, it certainly is a nice place to have. Not the cheapest in the world... but pretty cheap considering the size, despite the colander-like roof... I can't claim credit for most of the prettyfication, the other chaps have done a lot of painting & decorating... and we have a sparky doing the re-wire (all to code and everything).

Andrew - it's only rented unfortunately. Buying is currently beyond my means... hopefully, if I've got my budget about right, I'll be in a position to buy sometime in the next 4-5 years, but I'll just keep on saving until we get kicked out of this place, the longer I can stay here, the more of a deposit I can build up towards purchasing. The rent is on the basis that you leave the place "no worse" than you found it. In fairness, the landlord is paying for me to "fix" the roof... but if push came to shove & we insisted on having the roof replaced (which is what it needs), they'd just refuse & condemn the building. One day, the whole site is going to get sold to a developer, and that'll be us on notice.

Rob: Yep, but as you know from your last visit, I do rather need the space (either that, or I need to massively downsize... and I just can't bring myself to do that). No ducking under low flying cars to get to the office in this place! Well... hopefully not anyway... Not at first.

Ian - Interesting, I hadn't considered a plastic curtain... A sliding door would be easy enough to construct - 10 sheets of OSB, some castor wheels, and some kind of guide rail.... but plastic would be quicker & easier. No fire issues we need to worry about, the place is so damp I don't think it would support combustion! Unfortunately (or fortunately?  :scratch:) most of the pigeon dung ended up being shoveled down the drain & flushed away... stinky horrid stuff. Most of what remains is either on top of the office, doubling up as insulation, or on top of the remnants of the welding bay roof... frankly I can't see my selling it, It'll go down the drain with the rest of the ick I think.

AdeV:
A little more progress today - got most of the 4th wall frame up:

Just got the door frame to finish, then 18 off 6x2 by 4.2m ceiling joists to lift just over 8ft in the air, then I can start plasterboarding.... not looking forward to that, unless I can beg/borrow/steal a plasterboard lifter from somewhere...

Spurry:
[quote/
--- Quote from: AdeV on November 19, 2016, 05:27:12 PM ---
Just got the door frame to finish, then 18 off 6x2 by 4.2m ceiling joists to lift just over 8ft in the air, then I can start plasterboarding.... not looking forward to that, unless I can beg/borrow/steal a plasterboard lifter from somewhere...

--- End quote ---

If you had a mate going to Snetterton, I have a board lifter just up the road from there. It's such a pleasure to be able to position a board accurately, without someone saying " 'aven't you dun it yet!".
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version