The Shop > Wood & Stuff

Prompted By Howsitwork Ian

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ginger Nut:
Merry Christmas one and all.

As at 5pm last night Christmas Eve down under its done the outdoor table completed.  :Doh: Sort of a combined present for Sue & I for the new home along with the bench.
Son & grand kids arriving up from Sydney 5th Jan.

Sorry bout crap photo I was aching shacking and tired when taking it.

rebate router to 10mm for tiles to sit in hot dishes pans etc can now be placed direct to table. Just under 2m long just under 950 wide and 800 high. All Merbau.

SwarfnStuff:
Merry Christmas Ginger.
      Well, as you realize Christmas is all done and dusted here down under. Only 365 days till the next'n.  :lol:
  Merbau eh? That will be one heavy and solid top and you can dance on it with gay abandon, specially if you have used, (as I do cos I have some left over), a flooring grade varnish.
  How do I know Merbau is heavy you may ask? Well, I made a model Murray river paddle steamer (My avatar) from Merbau and Tasmanian Oak. Heavy as, but the timber was off cuts from helping my son do his pool deck = free, I like free. Oh, and many of the real ones were of RedGum, also a heavy timber. So sort of fits.
Good job, enjoy the table and what ever food is place upon it.  :med:
John B

PekkaNF:
That looks really nice. Wood can be sometimes very comforting to work with and sometimes it is a character building experience.

Pekka

Ginger Nut:
Thanks John and Pekka

sorry for long delay in replying.

Yep February has arrived in sunny south east QLD blow torch or oxy torch type conditions right now 40C just about anywhere on the island.

Bench No2 is in the pipe line materials cut now our visitor has departed back to the grind when and only when it cools down.

Biggles:
Good job  Ging, not sure about your white legs. Think they need a tan.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version