The Shop > CNC

CNC Maintenance Engineer required to service my home machine

(1/4) > >>

Jane:
Hi,

Could anyone recommend an engineer to service my home CNC machine (I have searched for this but just seem to bring back generic CNC jobs). Its a new hobby that I've started and wanted someone to check that I've set the machine up and how to maintain it, for example when trying to machine plain circles (starting the centre and gradually enlarging), it just seems to make spirals going off to one side (I'm using Mach3 and ArtSoft Software), to me, altering the stepacross and feedrate shouldnt really affect the coordinates for creating a circle? So i would like an experienced engineer to check out the machine I've set up.

Thanks for any help and I hope what I've described makes sense.

awemawson:
Jane,

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you manage to contact someone.

It would help enormously, I suspect, were you to give us a clue where in this big earth you are  :scratch:

Merlin201314:
Hi,
In "general Logic configuration" in Mach3, check the box "ij Mode, Absolute or incremental", That should affect the arc from the origin.
Which Cam are you using?

Jane:
Apologies, I thought my profile might show that information, basically junction 28 on the M1, north of Nottingham.

Thank you I will check those settings. Its the Artsoft jewellery software that accompanies the Mach3 machine control.

Merlin201314:
So, you have a small CNC for jewlery?
Or is the classic router?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version