The Shop > Software Tools

3D Mouse.

<< < (3/3)

Doc:

--- Quote from: Will_D on November 02, 2016, 06:58:43 PM ---HeySuss! Have ye seen the price of a SpaceMousePilot!

£300 big ones on Amazon!

You can buy a reasonable laptop for that price

--- End quote ---
You can find lots of used on Ebay substantially less cash I have seen them as low as $35. I use one for a lot of different programs. I use it on Catia,NX10,Solid Works,and FeatureCam I also use on on Google Earth. Once you have used one you will never look back or be without one.

This is actually my favorite model. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DConnexion-SpaceBall-5000-12-Button-USB-Trackball-3D-Mouse-/272434310027?hash=item3f6e59ab8b:g:ns4AAOSwzaJX696p

Joules:
You do need some serious 3D CAD-ing needs to justify one otherwise YES, it's an expensive play thing.  I was loaned the Space Pilot by a user who just couldn't get on with it.  I figured I would give it a month to learn and make my mind up.  A few months later I bought the Navigator for my second CAD system, can't work without them now.  I do however consider myself a HEAVY user of 3D CAD, the devices are very well built and do justify the price for professional use.

John Stevenson:
Sorry Doc but that thing looks the most ungainly thing I have seen in a long while.

It's a bit like having sex standing up on a water bed -- don't ask. :D

Doc:
  It was a more comfortable model than the new ones in my opinion. I now use the new Enterprise at work  it has more features but not near as comfy and if you use one  8 to 10 hours you start to notice it. The old one has the ball control the new has the cap. All the buttons on them are totally programmable for any functions you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version