The Shop > Our Shop

My new 626 mill has arrived

<< < (2/3) > >>

John Rudd:
I decided to split the top from the riser column to make moving easier for me....

I was on my own....no help to hand... :doh:

Top is now on....but not the motor.....  Due to a school biy error....what a klutz.......

I placed the suds tray on the stand and put the mill on top, then bolted it up.....wasnt til I tried the knee I realised the tray is on wrong way round.......bugger! The knee lead screw goes into a hole in the tray...which I mistook for a suds drain......I feel so stupid....I'm leaving it for tonight...sort it manyanna....

The vice is fecking huge.....think I dropped a bolleck there getting the 5"  one.....should have gone for 4".....

I'll put some more pics up later....when I'm a bit calmer....

kayzed1:
I placed the suds tray on the stand and put the mill on top, then bolted it up.....wasnt til I tried the knee I realised the tray is on wrong way round.......bugger! The knee lead screw goes into a hole in the tray...which I mistook for a suds drain......I feel so stupid...

Me to John :doh: i was also on my own so left it until the next day, so out came the hole drill.. I now have two big holes in the tray :clap:
I put the top on on the base in the garage at the front ans used the steel beam in the roof with a mobile engine lift, then dropped the lot onto a buggy ( that i no-longer have ) and wheeled it down the garden to the shed. So i cut a new hole.
Lyn.

John Rudd:
Well after a  quick visit to the Deep in Hull and say our goodbyes  pto daughter/grand-daughter, I got back to it....

Got the engine hoist out,  rigged up some rope and commenced relocating the knee aperture in the drip tray......then....bang! The rope snapped... :Doh: Oh bugger!

No damage done......
Well got the tray turned around and the mill bolted back down....

John Rudd:
Further stuff.....

Got the motor refitted/wired up...
Time to fit a plug and give it a whirl.....

Oh dear its running backwards! :scratch: 

Hmmm what's this switch for?.....its just a plain on/off rocker switch.....with the motor running and pressing the switch, the motor just hummed a bit louder......

Time to read..... :coffee:

Turns out the switch reverses the motor.....just dont do it while its running....

All sorted.....

Mounted me new vice.....what a weight!!

Now all good to go....make some swarf.....

Ahem, could some nice management type rotate my images please? Cant seem to do it on my iPad...

awemawson:
Bad luck with the rope snapping John - probably worth investing in a few continuous loop strops  :bugeye:

I suppose the advantage of using the mill lying on it's side like the pictures show, is that the swarf all falls off like a slant bed lathe  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version