The Shop > Our Shop

My new 626 mill has arrived

<< < (3/3)

John Rudd:
Cant understand why the rope broke, its polypropylene and a decent size too....Never let me down before..

So you couldnt fix my pictures then Andrew? :scratch:

appletree:

--- Quote from: awemawson on October 22, 2016, 11:41:22 AM ---Bad luck with the rope snapping John - probably worth investing in a few continuous loop strops  :bugeye:

I suppose the advantage of using the mill lying on it's side like the pictures show, is that the swarf all falls off like a slant bed lathe  :lol:

--- End quote ---
Was a bit put off when the continuous loops first came out and it was explained that the cord inside is wrapped round and round with the ends tied together (if that makes sense) thought what if one strand gets cut.
Well that was years ago and I use them lots, cheap safe tested and rated.
My son had some works ones condemned as somebody had written their name on them with felt tip. that said the tester said in practice he would happily trust them.

awemawson:
I keep half a dozen of them tucked behind the forklift truck seat, some with shackles attached, and have a few in the cab of the digger - they've proved invaluable. Some are woven and of flat cross section, some are sheathed and presumably have the continuous cord construction.

Will_D:
I bought a few of the purple ones (colour coded for 1 tonne) from screwfix.ie to go with a chain block , used them from new to lift some large rolls of second hand astro turf. Was amazed they didn't break!

Then I read the small print on the slings: "Safety factor 7"

Now I would not condone this but honest guv we had no idea how heavy the rolls were!

Job Done!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version