The Shop > Tools

Recommend prismatic type universal indicator stand

<< < (4/5) > >>

PekkaNF:
Other side of my new two sided looks pretty good when clocked effective surface seems to be accurate to 0,005 mm or something...

PekkaNF:
Houston we have a problem....I think everything is straight and parallel enough, but now it sticks to granite like there is no tomorrow. It even does not look like a mirror.

Do I need to learn flaking? How do I do this without screwing it up?

Pekka

Pete.:
If it wrings to your plate then you can't hope to get it much flatter really IMO. Have you tried laying it down and giving it a push to see if it floats?

PekkaNF:
No, it sort of "sticks" to best granite surface plate, glides and "rings" over old granite surface plate.

Now the funny part is that it behaves well the cast iron lapping plate and cheap cast iron surface plate.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
Cleaned it up and ground a bit more, used much blue to show that bearing is not complete and not that smooth.

It is fine for most of the use, I'm just wondering the "stick". Now it glides over the granite plate if moved faster, but when left alone for a moment it "sticks" to granite.

It does not wring cast iron lap plate or surface plate, but for wringing you would a better surface than you can produce to cast iron?

I checked the foot of the height gage and it has nice bearing and feel on the surface plate.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version