The Shop > CNC

Recommend a Jog Pendant for MACH3 please

<< < (2/3) > >>

philf:

--- Quote from: awemawson on October 11, 2016, 09:31:38 AM ---Thanks for the suggestions chaps. Never actually seen an X-Box in real life - are they workshop-robust? Do they emulate a keyboard or how do they integrate?

--- End quote ---

Andrew - it depends how robust you need it to be. I've dropped mine a few times and it's still OK but I've never tried spraying it with coolant or swarf.

Have a look at this video which explains how to install and configure:

Phil.

awemawson:
Thanks for that Phil - a very informative video  :thumbup:

This is for a plasma table, so sparks are flying everywhere and mainly down my neck  :bugeye:

awemawson:
As a temporary fix I ordered this from China for the princely sum of £3.89 including postage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222200675479?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just unpacked it and I suspect it'll be good for a while. Totally sealed rubber membrane over the keys, and although I've not tried it on the MACH3 machine yet I don't see why it shouldn't work, as it does plugged into my laptop. Win7 loaded drivers for it happily without my intervention.

The USB cable is very thin and rather short - hopefully if I can find my USB extender then I can use this for jogging the plasma torch about, slightly remote from the PC

awemawson:
Pleased to report that it works splendidly under MACH3 - so I just need to extend it's USB cable to a sensible length for wandering and I can then jog the plasma cutter anywhere I like and be close enough to see it's in the right place (this plasma table has a 1.5 metre square cutting area)

awemawson:
Although the wired keypad worked ok, I replaced it with a wireless usb one illustrated below and it's excellent. Only about £9 including postage  :bugeye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version